Recent Speaking Engagements (Invited)
- Invited Guest Panelist: “Academic Life Histories and Praxes”, Presented at the 4th Annual Methods and Methodologies Working Symposium for Early to Mid-Career Women Scholars, Callie House Research Center for the Study of Global Black Cultures and Politics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, September 2019
- Invited Guest Lecture: “Movement Conservatism and Anti-Blackness in the Academy”, Presented to the Osher Life Long Learning Institute, CSUDH, February 2019
- Brown Bag Lecture: “Race and the Shifting Notion of the Public Good; CSU Trustees, Student Protests and the Making of the Neoliberal University, 1960-1974”, CSUDH College of Arts and Humanities Brown Bag Lecture Series, 2018.
- “Black and Filipino Neighborhoods in Compton and Watts/Willowbrook: A Shared History”, Presented at the South Bay/San Pedro History Symposium, CSUDH, 2018
Recent Workshop Facilitation
- Workshop Facilitator, Beyond Cultural Competence in the Public Sector Workplace”, Staff Retreat Workshop for Assemblyman Mike Gipson, California 64th Legislative District.
- Workshop Facilitator, Korean Resource Center Orange County “Anti-Blackness in Asian and Latinx Communities (part of their Leaders of the New School Civic Engagement Project).
- Guest Facilitator, “From Failure to Success and Back: Understanding Professional Growth” CSUF Honors College Workshop.
- Workshop Facilitator, UCLA Dream/Labor Studies Center “History of Interracial Social Justice Activism”.
Academic Conference Presentations
- Panelist, Roundtable on the Scholarship of Dr. Amos Wilson’ Blueprint for Black America, 8th Annual Pan African Global Trade and Investment Conference, CSUDH, October 2018.
- Panelist, Roundtable on Feminist Mentoring and Self-Care, Asian American Feminisms Caucus, Asian American Studies Association Conference, March 2018.
- “Race and Gender in the Exercise of University Trustee Power: Dr. Claudia Hampton and the California State University System”, Oxford Women’s Leadership Symposium (Somerville College – Oxford, United Kingdom), December 2017.
- “The Uses and Abuses of Corporate Philanthropy in American Higher Education: An Analysis of the Impact of Corporate Money on Women and People of Color in the Academy,” Presented at the California American Studies Association Conference, Fullerton, California, April 2016.
- “ Claudia Hampton, Critical Biography and the Ethical Dilemmas of Chronicling Black Firsts” Presented at the CSUF Liberal Studies Conference, Fullerton, California, March 2016.
- “The Challenge of Teaching Race and Racism in a PWI/HSI on the West Coast”, Presented at the 100th Annual Association for the Study of African American Life and History Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, September 2015.